Spring Fried Rice
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 250g pack cooked brown rice
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 150g broad beans, shelled
- 200g asparagus, sliced
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp peanuts, chopped
One of the great things about fried rice is that it pretty much goes with just about everything, making it the perfect way to show off the very best seasonal spring produce.
- Heat the sesame oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the rice, spring onions, peas, broad beans and asparagus. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Push the fried rice to the side of the pan, add the egg and scramble before mixing to combine with the fried rice.
- Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with chopped peanuts.
Why not swap the rice for a pack of pre-cooked quinoa? Serve warm or cold for picnics, packed lunches and BBQ sides.