Stuffed Pumpkin Peppers
- 4 Orange peppers
- 1 x 220g Pack cooked wholegrain rice and quinoa
- 1 Carrot, peeled and grated
- 1tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1tsp Turmeric
- 1tsp Ground coriander
- 50g Cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
For a simple and spooky Halloween recipe, these stuffed pumpkin peppers will go down a treat with the kids. Don’t forget to take a look at our chefs tip for some handy hints on how you can use up your leftovers!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Ask an adult to help prepare the peppers; using a small paring knife cut the tops off each pepper, remove the seeds and discard. Carefully cut a spooky face into each pepper, triangles for eyes, a nose and a spooky mouth.
- Ask an adult to help bring a pan of water to the boil, add the peppers and tops and blanch for 5 minutes. Remove and place the peppers and tops on a baking tray.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the prepared filling into the peppers and finish with a pepper top lid.
- Bake the peppers in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Chefs Tip – These peppers make a great side dish for a Halloween party. Add a couple of tablespoons of leftover chilli or shredded chicken to the rice mix, a great way of using up leftovers.