Sticky Vietnamese Style Salmon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3tbsp thai fish sauce
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1 small bunch spring onion
- 500g pack Tilda fragrant jasmine rice
A delicious simple salmon dinner dish that’s packed full of flavour.
- Put the rice on to cook.
- Cut the ginger into thin strips, then finely slice the red chilli and garlic.
- Finely slice the spring onions and pop them into iced cold water so that they curl.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the sugar and 4tbsps water, then cook for 5 minutes, swirling the pan now and again until you have a dark caramel.
- Add the salmon fillets, garlic, ginger and chilli and coat completely in the caramel.
- Add in 50ml of water and the fish sauce then bring to a steady boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the salmon is cooked all the way through.
- Once the fish is ready, serve on a bed of jasmine rice, garnished with coriander and spring onion.
At step 6 instead of finishing the salmon on the hob, you can pop the salmon into the oven on 180°c for 5 minutes or so until the caramel becomes really sticky and yummy.