The Boho Baker’s Chocolate Churro Doughnuts
- 250g plain flour
- 300ml boiling water
- 1tsp baking powder
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4tbsp chocolate spread
- Approx 1ltr oil for frying
- 100g granulated sugar
- 3tsp cinnamon
- Flour for dusting
The Boho Baker describes herself as “Baker. Writer. Forager. Wanderer. Organic ingredient and edible floral Enthusiast. Member of the Guild of Food Writers.” Very local to our HQ in Preston, she’s our fabulous professional guest recipe writer, and champion of celebrating the best of our local produce. Follow her on instagram @thebohobaker
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the water, butter and vanilla together in a jug. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the liquid, stirring until no lumps remain. Leave to settle for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag. Pipe 12 doughnuts onto a plate or tray dusted with flour. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan or deep fat fryer. Gently lower each of the doughnuts into the oil, cooking until crisp and golden.
- Transfer the cooked doughnuts to a bowl filled with the sugar and cinnamon, rolling each one until evenly coated.
- Pop the chocolate spread into a piping bag. Poke a hole in each doughnut using a skewer and pipe the filling into the centre. Serve immediately.