The Boho Baker’s Orange Drizzle Cake
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g baking spread
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300ml milk
- Zest of one large orange
- 3 medium eggs
- For the glaze
- Juice of one large orange
- 100g caster sugar
The Boho Baker describes herself as “Baker. Writer. Forager. Wanderer. Organic ingredient and edible floral Enthusiast. Member of the Guild of Food Writers.” Very local to our HQ in Preston, she’s kindly agreed to do a series of recipes for us, celebrating the best of our local produce. Follow her on Instagram @thebohobaker
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C (fan)/gas mark 4. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2) Whisk together the baking spread and caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Sift in the flour and baking powder before adding the eggs, milk, and, zest. Mix until a smooth batter has formed.
3) Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf tin. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4) As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, poke several holes in the top using a skewer or fork. Whisk the orange juice and caster sugar together and pour over the top of the cake. Leave on a wire rack to cool before serving.