Tomato, Tapenade & Anchovy Tart
- 200g ready made puff pastry
- 8 marinated anchovy fillets
- 3tbsp tapenade
- 150g best of season mixed tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced and fried
- Watercress to garnish
- 1 egg, beaten
A super quick tomato tart, delicious made with best of the season tomatoes.
- Roll the puff pastry into a rectangle, approximately 25cm x 15cm and use a fork to prick lots of holes up and down the pastry, this will help air escape and create an even rise.
- Lay the pastry onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Brush the perimeter of the pastry rectangle with a little beaten egg and neatly fold over and press down each edge to create a border. Brush the border with beaten egg to glaze the pastry.
- Use a palate knife to evenly spread over the tapenade and top with the tomatoes and onions. Bake in the oven at 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4 for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the anchovies on top, allow to cool slightly before transferring to a serving dish and garnish with fresh watercress.