Bakewell Meringue Pie
- 250ml Booths proper thick custard
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 6 giant Bakewell meringues
- 100g raspberries
- 50ml raspberry coulis
- 1tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
A super simple to create serving suggestion for our giant bakewell tart flavour meringues, which you can find in the bakery in store. It creates an impressive sharing dessert – with none of the hassle.
- Place the custard, cream and Amaretto liqueur into a mixing bowl, whip to soft peaks. Spoon into the base of a serving dish.
- Break each meringue in half and arrange on top of the custard mix.
- Scatter over the raspberries and drizzle with raspberry coulis.
- Decorate with flaked almonds and enjoy!
To make this child-friendly, swap the Amaretto for 1 teaspoon of almond extract. Ring the changes by swapping the raspberries for cherries and using Kirsch in place of Amaretto.