Saltaire Blonde, Jalapeño & Cheddar Beer Bread
- 270ml Saltaire Blonde Beer
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 28g Soft Brown Sugar
- 20g Pickled Jalapeños jarred
- 45g Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese
Turn a bottle of beer into a delicious loaf in just an hour!
- Preheat the oven to (190 Degrees C, 375 Degrees F, Gas Mark 5), grease and line a loaf tin.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl or mixer and lightly mix. Set to one side.
- Add the pickled jalapeños to a blender and blend for a few seconds until coarsely chopped. You can also do this by hand.
- Add the jalapeños and the grated mature cheddar cheese to the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the beer and stir till all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the mix to the loaf tin and tap lightly on a hard surface to level out.
- Place on the middle shelf of oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. To check it is cooked in the middle place a wooden skewer in the centre, it should come out clean with no streaks of batter.
Do not over mix the batter as you will increase the gluten giving you a denser/tougher bread. Also, if the jalapeños are a too hotter option for you why not replace with pickled gherkins.