- For the Burgers
- 500g cooked beetroot, grated
- 125g oats
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2tbsp dill, chopped
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- To serve
- 4 brioche buns
- 4tsp mayonnaise
- 50g watercress
- 1 avocado, sliced (be careful!)
- 4 radishes, sliced
- Watercress to garnish
Delicious vegetarian beetroot burgers in a glorious colour!
- Place the grated beetroot into a couple of sheets of kitchen paper, squeeze out any excess moisture and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add all of the remaining burger ingredients and mix well. Chill the mix in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, divide the mix into 4 large patties and shape into equal sized burgers. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and chill for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6. Cook the burgers in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- To serve, slice each brioche burger bun in half and warm in a griddle pan. Spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on the base of each bun, top with a little watercress and a beetroot burger. Garnish each burger with sliced avocado, radish and extra watercress.
These are a great veggie choice for BBQ season. Cook the burgers in the oven for 10 minutes to set before cooking on the BBQ until piping hot.