‘Bonfire Banger’ Sausage Rockets
- 4 long BBQ bamboo skewers
- 4 assorted colour peppers
- 16 assorted flavour and size sausages, be as adventurous as you like!
- Optional Glaze
- 2tbsp honey
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp sesame seeds
A fun and creative way to enjoy sausage skewers this bonfire night.
- Preheat the oven to 190c/170c fan/ 375f / gas mark 5.
- Unpack the sausages and lay them out onto an ovenproof tray or dish.
- Pop them into the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning about halfway through the cooking time, until golden brown and delicious looking.
- While the sausages are cooking, de-seed and chop up the peppers into bitesize chunks, taking care to cut four into a rocket shaped point for the very top of the skewers. Feel free to vary the colour, shape and size a little.
- Heat a little oil in a clean frying pan and sauté the peppers until they’re cooked through with a little bit of bite (you don’t want them too soft) and have some nice brown char on them.
- Cut the sausages into chunks and various shapes, then thread them onto the skewers, alternating with the chunks of pepper.
- Keep going until the skewer is full, leaving room to top it off the rocket shaped pepper at the very top.
- You can make the glaze below into a dip if you wish just by mixing the ingredients together into a bowl.
Glaze the sausages with a mixture of honey and mustard approximately halfway through the cooking time, then finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.