Carole’s Caramel Shortbread
- For the shortbread
- 225g plain flour
- 175g Booths salted butter
- 75g sugar
- For the caramel
- 150g Booths salted butter
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 100g golden syrup
- To decorate
- 400g milk chocolate
- ~Edible gold glitter to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4.
- To make the shortbread, mix the plain flour, butter and sugar together. Press evenly into a rectangualr lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
- To make the caramel, place the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup into a pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the caramel onto the shortbread and leave to set in the fridge.
- Once the caramel has set, melt the chocolate in a microwave for two minutes. Spread over the top of the caramel shortbread then decorate with edible gold glitter.
- Leave to set, then cut up into squares.