Carrot Cake Flapjack
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 250g oats
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1tsp cinnamon (or more if you prefer!)
- 50g raisins
- 50g walnuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
These gorgeous carrot cake flapjacks are a simple twist on a classic flapjack recipe perfect for a picnic. You could add a yoghurt or cream cheese icing.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6. Line a 20x20cm tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan. Gently warm over a medium heat to melt.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the melted mixture over the dry and stir well to evenly coat.
- Tip into the prepared tin and press into the tin using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before slicing into squares.
You can use half courgette and half carrot in this recipe, perfect for using up a glut of courgettes from the garden!