Sunday Roast Pasties
- 1 pack ready roll shortcrust pastry
- 200g leftover roast meat (beef, pork, lamb or chicken)
- 100g leftover roast potatoes
- 100g leftover veg (carrots, peas, broccoli, swede, parsnips)
- 100ml leftover gravy
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten (to glaze)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Dice all of your leftovers and place is a mixing bowl with the cold gravy. Gently fold together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry and using a saucer, make sure you can cut three large circles from the pastry.
- Fold all the pastry scraps together and roll out again, big enough to cut one more circle.
- Lightly brush the edges of the circles with a little water and place a generous amount of filling, just off centre, on each circle and fold over to form a crescent.
- Press down the edges to seal and then crimp the edges with a fork or you could fold the edges like a Cornish pasty. Place onto a tray lined with parchment.
- Brush each pasty with egg and sprinkle a little mixed herbs and salt and pepper on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve with mustard or a tangy chutney!