- 400g carrots, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp cumin seeds
- 3tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 75g plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- Salt & pepper
- To Serve
- Lime wedges
An easy carrot fritter dish that’s lots of fun to make with the little ones, or as a lighter accompaniment to curry night in place of onion bhajis.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients for the fritters into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Divide the mix into 12 evenly sized fritters.
- Place the fritters onto the baking trays and flatten slightly using the palm of your hand.
- Bake in a pre-heated over for 20-25 minutes until just golden brown around the edges.
- Serve with lime wedges and coriander to garnish.
Serve as a light meal with a poached egg. They are delicious eaten warm or cold so make great lunch box snacks too!