Cheesy Sausage & Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 110g vegetable oil
- 120g sour cream
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60g Cheddar, grated
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 3 cooked sausages, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 220ºC / 200ºC fan / gas mark 7.
- Soft boil six eggs for 5 1/2 minutes and then place in an ice bath with 1 tbsp salt until they are fully cold (the salt helps with peeling the egg shell).
- Whisk together the remaining four eggs, vegetable oil and sour cream.
- Add the flour 1 spoonful at a time, then add the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the cheeses, sliced spring onion and finely chopped sausage, mix well.
- Put the mix into a piping bag and pipe 1/3 of the way up into each six muffin moulds.
- Gently roll each egg first into a little flour.
- Make a small dint in each mould of batter mix and place an egg in the centre.
- Pipe around each egg until all the eggs are fully covered.
- Bake in the oven for 17 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve immediately with a little salt.
This recipe is delicious with smoked salmon instead of sausage. Why not try tofu or vegetarian sausages for a veggie option.