Chocolate Toffee Apples
- 4 apples sliced 1cm thick (4 good slices per apple)
- 200g melted chocolate
- 1 jar of salted caramel
- Edible sprinkles
- 50g pecans or pistachios, chopped
- Edible glue
- Edible eyes
- Selection of sweets
- Slice the apples to about 1 cm in thickness, you can slice the bottom flat so they stand up if you choose. Sandwich two apple slices together with a spoonful of salted caramel, and freeze for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Coat the apple sandwiches in chocolate and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Decorate with sweets and nuts using the edible glue or the leftover melted chocolate to make faces. You can be as outrageous as your imagination allows!
Chef’s tip: When the chocolate has melted, add a few more squares of chocolate. This is an easy way to temper chocolate therefore keeping your chocolate glossy. Children love decorating these and letting their imaginations run wild!