Classic Parched Peas
- 150g parched peas or carlin peas, soaked in cold water for 24 hours with 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 250ml cold water
- Salt and vinegar to taste
- Black pepper
- After soaking the peas overnight, drain and rinse them.
- Put the peas and 250ml of water into a pan and boil for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat and simmer for an hour until peas are soft.
- Serve in a little cup with a knob of butter, and salt and vinegar.
Chef’s Tip: Why not try a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of chilli flakes for a slight twist on a classic recipe.