Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Flapjack
- 250g butter
- 150g Demerara sugar
- 250g golden syrup
- 200g peanut butter
- 425g porridge oats
- To decorate
- 75g milk chocolate
- A small handful of peanuts, chopped
- 1 Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and peanut butter in a saucepan.
- Add the oats and add the mixture to a suitable sized flapjack tin that’s been lined with parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool whilst melting the milk chocolate.
- In a small saucepan, add a couple of inches of water and bring to a gentle simmer. Place a heatproof bowl over the saucepan ensuring the base of the bowl does not touch the water and the water doesn’t boil. Carefully break the milk chocolate into the bowl and stir with a spoon to gently melt.
- Top the cooled flapjack with the melted milk chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top.
- Once the chocolate has set, cut the flapjack into even sized pieces.
CHEF’S TIP Remove the peanut butter from the ingredients and top with melted dark chocolate and chopped pistachio for a luxury nutty taste!