White Chocolate Easter Eggs
- 300g white chocolate
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- Dr Oetker designer writing pen set
- 10 cupcake cases
- Decorative string (optional)
These chocolate treats are great fun to make with kids over the Easter holidays, and super easy to do.
- Place the white chocolate into a glass bowl and place over a pan of simmering water to melt, don’t allow the water to touch the bowl.
- Place the cupcake cases onto a baking tray. Pinch the opposite sides of each cupcake case and pull to shape the case into an oval, which will form the mould for each white chocolate egg.
- Add the vegetable oil to the melted chocolate and mix.
- Divide the melted chocolate mix between the cupcake case ovals. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until set.
- Once set, peel away the cupcake cases and if you wish to make them into hanging decorations, make a hole 1cm from the top of each egg using a skewer. Thread each egg with a loop of string and tie.
- Use the writing icing pens to decorate the eggs with Easter designs. Allow the icing to dry.
- Hang the white chocolate eggs on a decorative branch to display.
Swap the white chocolate for milk or dark chocolate. Add your favourite sprinkles to decorate.