Easy Bombay Potatoes
- 400g Jersey Royals
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 50g fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/2 pack cherry tomatoes (about 8), halved
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the Jersey Royals in half. Bring to the boil in salted water and for 10 minutes until tender.
- Heat up the oil and add the mustard seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric, curry leaves, cumin seeds and the green chilli and gently fry.
- Add the crushed ginger, garlic and sliced shallot and gently fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, blanched potatoes and water and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and chopped coriander then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve these warm as a perfect side dish with BBQ spicy lamb chops and toasted flat breads
or add shredded chicken for a great one pot meal.