King Prawn Tagliatelle
- 100g dried tagliatelle
- 1/2 a pack of fresh tagliatelle
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 300g king prawns defrosted, raw peeled and deveined
- 1 small bulb of fennel, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml passata
- Parmesan, grated
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water for 8 minutes. Meanwhile heat up the sunflower oil in a frying pan and add the cherry tomatoes and king prawns.
- After 1 minute, turn the king prawns and the tomatoes, the tomatoes should be starting to char and blister.
- Add the thinly sliced fennel, garlic and passata, warm through and then remove from the heat. The fennel should still have a slight crunch.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, return to the heat to warm through and mix well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and share some garlic bread for a romantic Valentine’s date night.
For a vegetarian alternative, remove the prawns and add some grilled slices of halloumi.