Flatbread ‘Pizza’ with Houmous, Squash and Kale
- 400g chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- For the Topping
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded & sliced lengthways
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- 75g kale, shredded
- To assemble
- 1 large flatbread
- 2tbsp pomegranate seeds
This ‘pizza’ has a delightfully Moroccan feel and is much healthier for you than a traditional deep dish!
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Slice the butternut squash widthways into semi circles approximately ½ centimetre thick. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Scatter over the chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the houmous, place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz to combine, scraping down the bowl halfway through. Set to one side.
- After the butternut squash has roasted for 15 minutes, toss the kale in a drizzle of oil, season and add to the oven tray with the butternut squash. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until the kale has started to crisp.
- To serve, warm the flatbread in a griddle pan. Spread with a couple of spoonfuls of houmous and top with the roasted squash and kale.
- Garnish with the pomegranate seeds, slice into wedges to serve.
Alternate your toppings on the easy mid-week recipe. Courgette, aubergine or red pepper slices all work well. If you are short of time use store bought houmous.