Flip Flop Cookies
- 100g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 175g plain flour
- 50g white chocolate chips
- Flour to dust
- To Decorate
- Dr Oetker Writing Icing pens
A brilliant basic cookie recipe, with a twist of summertime fun for little hands to make!
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (fan)/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips, stir well before using your hands to bring the mix together to form a dough.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll the dough to approximately 1 cm thick and using a 6cm round cutter cut 10 cookies re-rolling the dough if necessary.
- Shape each cookie into a flip flop shape by flattening 2 sides of the round.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place each shaped cookie onto the tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until very lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray.
- To decorate, pipe a ‘V’ at the end of each cookie and decorate to create your flip flop!
This is a great base cookie recipe. Use it to create different shapes using different cookie cutters. Create a new flavour combination by swapping the vanilla extract for orange flavouring and use dark chocolate chips.