Jubilee Ice Cream Cupcake Cones
- For the cupcake cones
- 170g Stork margarine
- 170g caster sugar
- 170g self raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Askeys Ice Cream Cup Cones
- For the Buttercream
- 250g salted butter, softened
- 500g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dr Oetker Violet Food Colour Gel
- To Decorate
- Dr Oetker Glamour & Sparkle Sprinkles
- Silver card
- 12 cocktail sticks
For the cupcake cones
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C fan / 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 4.
2. Place the margarine, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until combined scaping down the bowl if necessary.
If you don’t have a stand mixer use a bowl and wooden spoon.
3. Place the ice cream cones in a 12 hole muffin tin. Divide the cake mixture evenly between the cones, filling them about three quarters and not to the top.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a cone cupcake comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in the muffin tin before transferring onto a cooling rack.
For the buttercream
1. Place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth.
2. Split the buttercream in half and add violet food colour gel gradually to one-half to create the desired colour.
3. Place each half of the buttercream into separate piping bags. Snip the end of each bag and carefully insert both bags side by side into a third piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. This will help you create the split colour icing swirl.
4. Pipe a large, ice cream like swirl of buttercream onto each of your cupcake cone crowns.
5. Decorate with sliver balls and sugar strands.
For the crown decoration
1. Cut crown shapes out of a piece of silver card.
2. Stick each one to a cocktail stick and place it into the cupcake swirl.
Chef’s Tip – This recipe is great for kids parties and celebrations. Why not try using vanilla buttercream and adding a flake to each cupcake for an ‘ice cream ’99 cupcake cone.