Lapsang Souchong Poached Salmon
- 4tbsp Lapsang Souchong Tea Leaves
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed approximately 150g each
- To serve
- 300g noodles
- 2 heads oak-choi, sliced in half lengthways
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 1tbsp nigella seeds
- Coriander leaves
Tea-rrific for a healthy tea with a twist!
- Bring 1.5 litres of water to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the tea leaves, sugar and lemon. Boil for 3 minutes. Strain to remove the tea leaves and lemon, discard and return the liquid to the pan.
- Reduce the liquid to a gentle simmer, add the salmon fillets and poach for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the salmon and set to one side to keep warm.
- Bring the poaching liquid back to the boil and add the noodles. Cook as per pack instructions. With 3 minutes remaining, add the pak choi.
- To serve, reserve 4 tbspoons of cooking liquid. Drain the noodles and pak choi. Place in a serving bowl and top with the poached salmon. Spoon a tablespoon of cooking liquid over each dish and garnish with the seeds and coriander leaves. Season and serve.
This is a great way of cooking salmon. Poach as per the recipe and serve cold in salads in the summer months.