Lebanese Lamb Meatballs
- 1 pack Booths Lebanese Lamb Meatballs or make your own
- For the couscous
- 250g couscous
- 1tsp tumeric
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 spring onions
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper
- For the sauce
- 1 320g jar mang chutney
- 1 lemon, juice only
This Lebanese style lamb meatballs dish is quick and easy to make and packed full of flavour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the meatballs onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous into a large bowl, add the turmeric and cinnamon, mix well. Pour over the hot stock, cover the bowl with cling film and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the spring onions, coriander, pine nuts and pomegranate seeds. Mix well and season to taste.
- To make the sauce place the mango chutney, lemon juice and 50ml of water into a small pan, bring to the boil. Set to one side and keep warm.
- To serve, spoon the couscous into serving bowls, top with the cooked meatballs and drizzle with the mango chutney sauce.
Use any leftovers to make a delicious packed lunch. Slice a pitta bread in half, spread with the mango chutney sauce, add sliced meatballs and a spoonful of couscous.
Wine Match – Finca Monteflores Malbec
The berry fruits and cinnamon nuances in Finca Monteflores Argentinian Malbec make it the perfect partner to the earthy flavours in our spiced Lebanese Lamb Meatballs recipe. Find it in the Argentinian reds section.