Mushroom & Rosemary Pasta
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 40g unsalted butter
- 600g mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 400g pasta, we used rigatoni
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 25g finely grated Parmesan or vegetarian Italian style hard cheese
The simplest of supper dishes, mushroom pasta, elevated with a rosemary breadcrumb topping. Use any of your favourite mushrooms in this dish.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the rosemary until crispy. Remove from the pan and then add the breadcrumbs and cook until golden, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the pasta until soft as per packet instructions, drain and drizzle with a little oil to coat the pasta to prevent it sticking.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, add the butter to the frying pan then fry the mushrooms until caramelised.
- Add the pasta to the mushrooms and divide between warmed plates and top with the breadcrumb and rosemary. Finish with freshly grated Parmesan (or Italian style vegetarian hard cheese) and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Dried rosemary is a great store cupboard staple, if you don’t have fresh rosemary you can mix dried rosemary with the breadcrumbs before toasting them in the pan.