Shiitake Mushroom and Leek Thai Noodles
- 200g rice noodles
- A bunch of spring onions, trimmed and halved
- A large bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lemongrass stick
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2.5cm piece of fresh ginger; peeled
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 125ml water
- 150g soya beans
- 2 tbsp peanuts, lightly toasted and finely chopped
- Cooking tip you can make this recipe gluten free by using tamari sauce instead of soy
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
1. Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for about 10 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
2. Put the spring onions, coriander, chilli, lemongrass, garlic and ginger in a food processor and mix until you have a coarse but finely chopped paste.
3. Heat half the sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, then add the coriander paste and cook, stirring, for a few minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes, until it star ts to soften. Add the lime juice, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and 125ml of water and mix together well.
5. Return the mushrooms to the wok, add the soya beans and toss everything together well.
6. Add the noodles and mix well, then sprinkle with finely chopped peanuts and a wedge of lime.