Parma Ham, Pesto & Mozzarella Tear & Share Bread
- 1x500g pack Wright's Parmesan & Sundried Tomato Bread Mix,or flavour of your choice
- Drizzle olive oil
- 2tbsp pesto
- 75g Parma Ham, torn
- 125g mozzarella, torn
A super simple tear and share bread, elevating and making good use of a packet mix…shh, they’ll never know!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (fan)/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Make up the bread mix according to the pack instructions up to and including stage 2.
- Lightly grease a 23cm loose bottomed cake tin with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the prepared dough into a rectangle approximately 25x35cm.
- Spread the pesto evenly onto the dough. Top with the torn Parma ham and mozzarella.
- Starting with the longest side roll the dough tightly (like a Swiss roll). Trim approximately 1cm from each end and discard.
- Cut the roll into 8 evenly sized pieces. Place one piece of dough, cut side up into the centre of the prepared cake tin. Arrange the remaining pieces around the outside.
- Cover the cake tin with cling film and allow to prove for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Remove the cling film and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool slightly before removing from the tin and placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Tear and share the individual rolls, perfect for picnics, soups and stews.