Parsnip & Hazelnut Soup with Blue Cheese Toasts
- 75g hazelnuts
- 25g butter
- 500g parsnips peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250ml whipping cream
- 500ml whole milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- For the Toasts
- 6 slices fruit bread
- 75g blue cheese
- To Garnish
- 20g hazelnuts, chopped
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- A drizzle of olive oil
The perfect starter to your festive feast, this parnsip and hazelnut soup is simply delicious! Alternatively, it’s ideal for a winter’s lunch.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the hazelnuts and toast for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, parsnips and garlic to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, milk and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast the fruit bread slices on each side. Crumble the blue cheese over each slice and return to the grill to melt.
- To serve, ladle the soup into warm serving bowls, garnish with chopped hazelnuts, sprigs of thyme and a drizzle of truffle oil. Serve with the warm blue cheese toasts.