Pear & Vanilla Crumble
- 6 conference pears, peeled, cored & diced
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 100ml pear cider or apple juice
- 1 pack green's classic crumble mix
- 20ml milk
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tsp ground mixed spice
- 1tsp ginger
- For the spiced creme fraiche
- 200g creme fraiche
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
A super easy way to make a delicious seasonal pear pud! If you’re a connoisseur of crumbles you could make your own instead of using the packet mix.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the diced pears into an ovenproof dish. Add the vanilla extract and pear cider. Set to one side.
- In a separate bowl place the crumble mix, milk, chopped walnuts and spices. Mix to combine.
- Scatter the crumble mix evenly over the pears and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the spiced crème fraiche…
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the crumble warm with a dollop of spiced crème fraiche.
To make this recipe child friendly substitute the cider for apple juice.