Pesto Marinated Lamb Kebabs
- Main Ingredients
- 4 lamb neck fillets, each one cut into 4 chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 20g fresh basil
- 25g parmesan cheese, grated
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- 1 packet of fresh bay leaves
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges then halved
- For the salad
- 200g plum tomatoes
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 1 x 400g tin of butterbeans
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp fresh parsley
- Small handful of rocket
If using wooden skewers pop into warm water for 10 minutes.
Place the lamb into a large mixing bowl and leave to one side.
In a food processor add garlic, basil, parmesan and pinenuts. Whilst the food processor is on gradually pour in the olive oil until you have a smooth pesto.
Add the pesto paste to the lamb and mix well. Leave to marinade for 1 hour (longer if you have time).
Whilst the kebabs are marinating make the salad by simply mixing all the ingredients in a bowl except for the rocket and leaving to one side until the kebabs are cooked.
Thread the lamb onto the skewers alternating with a bay leaf and a lemon wedge (remembering 4 pieces of lamb per skewer) season with a salt and milled pepper.
Cook the kebabs on the BBQ, griddle* or grill for 10-12 minutes turning every so often.
When ready add the rocket to the salad and serve along side the kebabs.