Pink Grapefruit, Candied Pecan and Avocado Salad
- For the candied pecans
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1tbsp butter
- 100g pecans
- For the dressing
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- For the salad
- 4 pink grapefruits
- 2 avocados
- 2 heads of chicory
- 20g rocket leaves
This pink grapefruit salad makes for a refreshing change to start your festive feast.
- To make the candied pecans, heat the butter and sugar in a small pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the pecans and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until caramelised. Tip the candied pecans onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients into a small bowl, whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper. Set to one side.
- Peel the grapefruits, slice into rounds approximately ½ cm thick and arrange on a serving platter.
- Peel the avocados, remove the stone and slice into chunks, scatter over the grapefruit.
- Separate the chicory leaves and arrange over the grapefruit. Scatter over the rocket leaves.
- Spoon over the dressing and garnish with the candied pecans.