- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 450g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g salami, sliced into strips
- 50g sweetcorn
- 50g green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 160ml olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 100g tomato pizza topping
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
A gorgeous savoury pizza muffin perfect for an afternoon snack or a picnic basket, lots of fun to bake with the kids.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Place the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the wet ingredients into a jug and whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix, add the wet mix and stir to combine.
- Divide half of the mixture evenly between the muffin cases. Top with a heaped teaspoon of the tomato pizza topping. Spoon the remaining muffin mixture between the muffin cases to cover the tomato pizza topping.
- Scatter over the remaining grated cheese and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Check the muffins are cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre, it should come out clean when cooked.
- Enjoy warm or allow to cool completely.
Make these muffins your own, swap the ‘toppings’ (salami, sweetcorn, olives, green pepper) for your favourites. Why not try ham, pineapple, black olives and sliced mushroom? These muffins freeze well, and are great for packed lunches and picnics.