Poached Plums with Quinoa Granola
- 150g quinoa
- 50g oats
- 50g cashew nuts
- 50g almonds
- 50g cranberries
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g chia seeds
- 1tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 125g maple syrup
- For the Poached Plums
- 75g caster sugar
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 6 plums, stoned and halved
- Dairy-free coconut yoghurt to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 150°C (fan)/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Place all of the granola ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to evenly coat and combine.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and divide the mix between the 2 trays.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before breaking into clusters.
- To poach the plums, place the sugar cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and vanilla pod in a saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the plum halves. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until the plums are soft but still holding their shape.
- To serve, layer the granola and dairy free coconut yoghurt into a serving glasses. Top with the poached plums and spoon over the juices.
- Store extra granola in an airtight jar.
In the summer months change the stewed plums for griddled peaches. Slice in half, remove the stone and cook on a hot griddle for 2-3 minutes.