Renshaw’s Raspberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
- For the cakes
- 65g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 115g plain flour
- 60ml milk
- 1tsp baking powder
- To decorate
- 400g Renshaw's Simply Create White Chocolate Frosting
- Fresh raspberries
Renshaw’s have created this beautiful white chocolate and raspberry cupcake recipe to showcase their fabulous Simply Create cake decorating range. You’ll need a piping bag for this one, otherwise you can simply spread the frosting atop the cupcakes.
For the cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Line a cupcake tray with 12 paper cases.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well, then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the cases, filling approximately two thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cupcakes spring back when pressed. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- To soften, mix the frosting in the tub using a spoon.
- Snip off the narrow end of a piping bag and push the nozzle down to the bottom of the bag. Holding the bag with one hand, fold a 3-4 inch cuff.
- Scoop the frosting into the bag and fill up to halfway, pressing it down in the bag to expel any air. Twist the bag at the top to secure.
- To decorate, start piping from the outside edge of the cupcake, using a spiralling motion inwards until fully covered.
- Decorate with a raspberry or topping of your choice.
Try practising your piping on a plate first to get the perfect swirl!