Salted Caramel Apple Crumble
- For the Filling
- 450g apples peeled, cored & cut into chunks
- Pinch salt
- 1 jar Cartmel Toffee Sauce
- 300g sieved plain flour
- 175g unrefined brown suga
- 200g salted butter
- Butter for greasing
A really easy to make apple crumble with a twist on the tradtional in the form of sumptuous salted caramel.
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan/ 350f / gas mark 4
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and sugar
- Rub the butter into the flour and sugar mix a bit at a time until it resembles breadcrumbs, then place on one side.
- Put the apples into a greased 24cm ovenproof dish and mix the Cartmel toffee sauce with a pinch of salt then pour over the apples.
- Top with the crumble mixture, then bake for 40 minutes or so until the top is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with Booths Proper Thick Custard.
For a twist to the recipe, if salted caramel is not for you, simply replace with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar for a more traditional taste.