The Boho Baker’s Apple and Cinnamon Swirl Pie
- 500g block puff pastry
- 5 large baking apples
- 2tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3tbsp ground cinnamon
- 150g golden caster sugar
A combination of two of our favourite treats, cinnamon swirls and apple pie, into one decadent dessert created for us by The Boho Baker.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 400°F / gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry to the thickness of two £1 coins. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on two tablespoons of cinnamon. Roll the pastry into a tight log and slice into slim rounds.
- Grease a 20cm pie dish and line with half of the cinnamon swirl slices.
- Peel the apples and cut into small pieces. Pop them in a bowl with the sugar, remaining cinnamon and flour, shake well. Tip the apple filling into the prepared dish.
- Take a sheet of greaseproof paper and lay out the remaining cinnamon swirls in a circle. Cover with another sheet of greaseproof paper and gently run a rolling pin over the top until the pastry pieces have merged together.
- Remove the top sheet and flip the pastry lid on top of the pie, before removing the bottom sheet. Cut off any excess and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve with custard or a big dollop of ice cream.
Wine Match – Ginestet Sauternes
The ultimate dessert wine; rich and smooth with floral and honeyed apricot notes that make it perfect to serve chilled with a host of fruit or cream based desserts. Try it with The Boho Baker’s Apple and Cinnamon Swirl Pie recipe. Find it in the French wines section.