Salted Caramel & Coffee Meringue Sandwiches
- 2tbsp espresso coffee powder
- 300ml whipping cream
- 300g mascarpone
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 8 salted caramel giant meringues
- 1tbsp chopped hazelnuts
These salted caramel and coffee meringue sandwiches are super easy to make with our giant meringues in store, or feel free to make your own if you prefer.
- Mix the espresso coffee powder with 2 tablespoons of boiling water, set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the whipping cream, mascarpone, vanilla extract and espresso into a mixing bowl and whisk to stiff peaks.
- To serve, sandwich together 2 meringues using a dollop of espresso cream. Repeat to use all of the meringue.
- Scatter with chopped hazelnuts, place on a serving platter and enjoy!
To make these even more indulgent add a splash of coffee liqueur. Switch coffee to chocolate by adding 2 tablespoons of chocolate spread in the place of the espresso.