Scallops, Air-Dried Ham and Wild Mushrooms
- 12 scallops
- 1 pack kale
- 300ml chicken stock
- 4 slices air-dried ham
- 1 pack exotic or wild mushrooms
- Sea Salt & carcked black pepper
- Olive oil
It would be shellfish of us not to share this beautifully sophisticated scallops starter recipe with you!
- Preheat the oven to 180oC fan/200oC/gas 6. Spread the kale over a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with sea salt. Place in the oven/grill until the edges of the kale start to darken. Remove from oven and put to one side.
- Prep the mushrooms so they are ready for cooking, slicing the larger ones. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot pan until slightly browned.
- Place the chicken stock on the hob and reduce by half (TRUEfoods stocks are perfect for this). Pan-fry the mushrooms in oil and a knob of butter over a medium heat so they get a little colour. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add another knob of butter to the simmering stock in order to emulsify the butter and stock into a sauce consistency. Check the seasoning and remove from the heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and a tiny bit of pepper. On a medium-high heat pan-fry scallops for 2-3 minutes on the flattest side with a little oil until nicely browned. Turn the scallops and reduce the heat to low, add a knob of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with air-dried ham, kale, mushrooms and sauce.