Simnel Cake Tiffin
- 200g Booths dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g golden syrup
- 150g ginger nut biscuits
- 200g Booths simnel cake
- 50g desiccated coconut
Tiffin is delicious at any time, but especially in the afternoon with a cup of tea! Our Simnel version is a great way to use up any simnel cake that’s leftover after Easter.
- Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate and golden syrup into a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt. Remove from the heat and stir to form a glossy mix.
- Crumble the ginger nut biscuits and Simnel cake into the chocolate mix.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and flatten the top using the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Slice into squares to serve.
This is a great recipe for using up store cupboard nuts and dried fruit. Replace the 50g of coconut with leftovers nuts and dried fruit, pistachios, apricots and almonds all work well. Add a tablespoon of sloe gin to the mix for an extra indulgent treat.