The Ultimate Vegan Brownie
- For the Brownies
- 225g vegan dark chocolate chopped
- 175g self raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or essence
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 225ml dairy-free milk (oat, hazelnut, soya, coconut)
- 180g hazelnuts, chopped
- For the Topping
- Dark Chocolate
- Candy Kitten Sweets
- Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
- Vegan nut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / gas 4.
- Lightly oil a 20cm brownie tin and line with parchment paper.
- Melt 150g dark chocolate in a Pyrex bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl.
- Add the vanilla paste or essence, oil and milk, then add the melted chocolate until it forms a smooth batter.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts and the remaining chopped chocolate mix.
- Pour into the brownie tin and top with vegan garnishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, the centre should still be soft.
- Allow to cool and portion into squares.
You can mix and match your favourite toppings. Make sure to double check the packaging that all the ingredients you pick up for this recipe are vegan!