Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole
- 6 Booths sausages, we chose pork & apple
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 gala apple, peeled, cored & chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp flour
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into chunks
Low and slow overnight is the perfect way to cook this tasty sausage casserole.
- Lightly fry the sausages in oil to colour them, they don’t need to be cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- With the pan on a medium heat, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften slightly, then add the leeks and carrots and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add the flour to the pan, make sure all the vegetables are coated cook for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- Add the apple and the stock, thyme and mustard, stir well to get rid of any lumps of flour then bring to a simmer until it has thickened slightly.
- Transfer to a slow cooker, add the potato and browned sausages then cook on medium for 2-3 hours, or on low overnight.