Smoky Baked Eggs
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes
- 75g tomato puree
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 50g spinach leaves
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
This quick one pot vegetarian smoky baked eggs recipe is packed full of flavour.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Sauté the onion and red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add smoked paprika and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, spinach and stock to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Crack each egg into the sauce. Place a lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with chopped basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a great dish served with crusty bread. Bring the pan to the table and allow guests to help themselves. To turn this into an even heartier dish, add a pack of cooked puy lentils when adding the tinned tomatoes.