Spicy Peanut Soup
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 50g butter
- 40g flour
- 1 ltr hot chicken stock
- 1 green chilli, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cajun spice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200g peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 50g rice noodles, cooked
- Handful of coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- Sauté the celery and onion in a pan with the butter.
- Add the flour and stir until blended.
- Add the hot chicken stock and stir until thickened.
- Add the garlic, Cajun spice, lime, most of the chopped peanuts and most of the chopped chilli then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles then season to taste.
- Top with coriander, the remaining chopped peanuts and a sprinkling of the reserved chilli.