- 400g tin of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tbsp tahini
- 50g spinach leaves
- 25g rocket
- 1/2 avocado
- 1tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt & pepper
- Extra coriander & flat leaf parsley to garnish
It’s really easy to make this delicious, versatile houmous that’s a little healthier than your standard variety.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor. Blitz to combine scraping down the bowl half way through.
- Check for seasoning.
- Garnish with extra coriander and flat leaf parsley and serve with griddled flatbreads or breadsticks.
This makes a great dip, use any extra for spreading on sandwiches, flatbreads and even making a quick superfood pizza. Spread on a warmed pizza base and top with roasted red peppers, torn mozzarella and fresh basil leaves for a quick mid-week meal solution.