Sweet and Sour Haslet Balls with Edamame Stir Fry
- 150g pack Yutaka tempura batter mix
- 220ml cold sparkling water
- 400g piece of Haslet (Ask your Booths counter experts to keep in 1 whole piece)
- 25ml vegetable oil
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 300g pack Booths edamame bean stir fry
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1tbsp pureed fresh ginger
- 200g sweet and sour sauce
- 1tsp sesame seeds, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make the tempura batter mix, carefully following the pack instructions then add the sparkling water and whisk.
2. Dice the haslet into bite sized chunks and toss in a little flour.
3. Dunk each piece in the batter and shallow fry in vegetable oil for 2 minutes until crisp and brown and keep warm.
4. Quickly stir fry the edamame stir fry mix, garlic and ginger and then add the sweet and sour sauce to this.
5. Serve this with the tempura Haslet balls and garnish with sesame seeds.
If you want to make your own quick and easy sweet and sour sauce, just boil together 100g sugar, 100g cider vinegar, 100g tomato ketchup with 1 small tin chopped pineapple. Very simple and delicious!