Jewelled Edible Christmas Baubles
- 45g butter
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g rice krispies
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 bag of your favourite sweets
- Decorative ribbon, to make hanging loops
These ‘jewelled’ edible bauble decorations are super cute and fun to make with children – as long as they’re supervised and you do the tricky parts!
- Gently melt the butter in a large, saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and heat gently until they are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the cereal, mixing thoroughly. Shape into bauble sized balls and allow to set.
- Met the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water; do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Coat the baubles in chocolate, then stick a selection of sweets to the outside to create the jewelled effect. Make a small indent in the top to put the ends of the ribbon in and stick in place with melted chocolate.