Vegan Bento Box
- 1tsp olive oil
- Handful of chickpeas
- 1 unwaxed lime, zest and juice
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pitta bread cut in half
- Handful of watercress
- Cucumber cut into sticks
- 1 carrot cut into sticks
- Handful of olives
- Spoonful of Tzatziki
- Spoonful of peri peri houmous
- Spoonful of peanut butter
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/2 large cucumber, unpeeled and grated
- 150g plain, full-fat coconut yoghurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill
- Peri Peri Houmous:
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp peri peri sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp peri peri seasoning
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chickpeas along with the lime zest and juice, chilli flakes, ground coriander and paprika and cook for 5-7 minutes until the chickpeas are nicely golden and allow to cool.
- Add watercress and chickpeas to each half of the pitta bread and place in the box.
- Add the cucumber, carrot and olives to the box along with a little pot of Tzatziki and peri peri houmous.
- Finally add the sliced apple and a pot of peanut butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
Peri Peri Houmous Method:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a nice texture.
- If you prefer it to have some bigger pieces in don’t blend as much but if you prefer it to be smooth blend well and add a little water if it feels a little thick.