Vegan Chickpea Pizza
- 2x400g tins chickpeas
- 100g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- For the Topping
- 150g onion marmalade
- 6 figs, sliced
- 1tbsp hazelnuts
- A handful of rocket leaves
The possiblities are endless with this recipe for vegan pizza – why stop at figs?
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C (fan) / 200˚C / 400˚F / gas mark 6 and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain the chickpeas reserving 4 tablespoons of liquid from the tins. Place into a food processor and add the remaining ingredients for the base. Blitz until smooth.
- Tip the mix onto the lined baking tray and spread evenly to create a circle approximately 30 cm in diameter. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once baked, spoon over the onion marmalade and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with sliced figs, a scattering of chopped hazelnuts and rocket leaves. Slice and enjoy!
To make this recipe gluten-free swap the plain flour for gluten-free flour and check your baking powder is also gluten-free. You could also add classic vegan pizza toppings to the chickpea base if you wish, such as a tomato sauce and vegan cheese. Simply add these at step 4 instead of the chutney.